Ethiopian Horticulture Exporter Producers Association (EHPEA)
Established as a pioneer horticultural legal entity representing actors in the sector in 2002,EHPE Aisa not–for-profit ,non-governmental organization whose members are legally registered and operating in the horticulture production and export business.Currently,EHPE A registered members has reached to 119 businesses that produce flowers, cuttings, ornamental plants, fruits, vegetables and herbs for the export market . The association is also effectively representing the interests of the members operating in the sector locally and globally.
Message of the Chairman
My name is Zelalem Messele, a Chairman of the Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA). I am a farmer engaged in flower production to export for global market as most flower producers in Ethiopia are engaged in export market.
EHPEA was established in 2002 by five companion growers having the mission of contributing to the national economic development and side by side to address their mutual concerns in the horticulture production and marketing strive. At present, members of the association have grown in number and have become diversified.
EHPEA Key Interventions Areas
- Safeguarding the overall rights and benefits of our members
- Facilitating market access and business linkage
- Supporting promotion of socially and environmentally responsible production practices
- Organizing and supporting capacity building measures for members and pertinent Stakeholder
- Initiating partner shipbuilding and networking among stake holders in the sector
- Business information and advice
- Business match making
- Market Access
- Networking Opportunities
- Sector specific support
- Business Promotion